Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weeks 11 & 12: “God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8



           
            I am combining these two weeks since this includes the vacation.  The first week was the first time congress was back in session so work was back in full swing including working late night, school starting at 6:45 and sometimes getting out at 9:00 depending on when congress would begin.  This week was all about turning in the major projects and essays and taking a three-day test in U.S. History.  It was stressful but with every assignment turned in was a weight lifted.  I also had to be a day ahead because I missed Friday at school because I flew home on Thursday night.  I went through security very fast and had two hours to spare at the airport.  I ate Cinnabon and worked on my math homework as I waited for the boarding of the plane to begin.  On the plane ride I worked on math and read the six chapters assigned from Into the Wild.  It’s a really interesting book so far that questions the way that people live and view life.  Here’s a quotation that I found particularly striking:  “So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future.  The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.”  I see my time being here as an adventure and every new experience is an adventure in itself. 
            I arrived on Thursday night and I went to Rey’s house to surprise him because he thought that he wouldn’t see me until Saturday.  His entire family was there and it was so exciting to see them all again.  On Friday I went to school and no one knew I was coming there either and I was so excited watching everyone in the morning I was pacing back and forth waiting for all my friends to arrive.  On Monday I went to Knotts Berry Farm and it was so much fun, I’m so lucky to have such great parents that provide me with so much support.  Other than that I spent a lot of my time at my house with my cousins, at malls and a lot of time with Rey.  Mariah spent the night and we watched Lady and the Tramp, The Lizzie McGuire Movie and Stitch the Movie and painted our nails and it was so cool to have our girls night.  On Saturday we went out to dinner with my godparents at my favorite pizza place and it was a lot of fun.  Yesterday was my last day before coming back and I walked to Jamba Juice with Rey and the sun was out and the air was crisp and the path was clean and we talked, sang and laugh most of the way.  My grandparents came down for the afternoon and I was so grateful that they would drive two hours from the desert to visit me.  We spent the evening at dinner at Islands and it was nice to spend the evening with my family and Rey.  My visit was great I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life that I know will always be there for me providing love and comfort throughout whatever life throws at me.  Reuniting with my fellow pages was also an experience and I am looking forward to taking advantage of these last six weeks with them!