Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Impression


In life I have had the honor to be blessed with so many wonderful, caring and influential people in my life.  However, the decision of what to do with these encounters is what has and will continue to determine my fate.  It puzzles me how God gives me so much and how I can possibly use these gifts to glorify His name.  He gives me so much, in fact too much; the life that I have here has been extraordinarily phenomenal and I am trying to fathom the idea of leaving it for what, I believe, is God’s next steps in His plan for me.  It is astonishing how in just fifteen years I can actually have such an impact on people, and how those people can have had even bigger impacts on me.  God creates everyone in His own image; He is a musician that is playing the song that we know as our lives, knowing exactly how it will play out, so how exactly will my song sound?  In the next semester, I will embark upon an adventure filled with new knowledge and lessons that I did not even know existed.  I will of course be back, ecstatic to see my family and friends and after five short months I’ll be back to tackle the remainder of high school, but I ponder the thought of how things will be different and what will change.  I cannot wait to see what I have in store, and I pray that I maintain a positive outlook on this situation and remember that love is something that doesn’t disappear; as long as my love for others and their love for me is alive, I have nothing to worry about except to be the best person, student, and employee that I can as I serve as a page for the United States House of Representatives.