Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 6: Hitting the Books


When I came back I was so excited to see my fellow pages again, especially my best friend here, Amanda.  I’ve never traveled alone, so it was nice to come back to room full of familiar faces.  This week has been one of the less exciting.  They changed the schedule since congress is not in session so that we now start school at 7:45 and go until 12:30 and it’s so much better.  One of the more interesting things was our guest speaker on Tuesday.  He was a reporter from USA Today and he spoke to us about the importance of current affairs.  On Friday we had our first early day where we got back to the dorm at 2 to do club related activities.  The club that I’m in is photography because I like to take pictures and I want to use that club time to see the scenic sights of Washington D.C.  After that my friends and I went to Good Stuff for burgers and milkshakes.  Then, we went to CVS where I printed out pictures for my wall.  Right now my roommates’ walls are filled with photos and posters and my wall is completely blank so I’m excited to finally put something on it.  The rest of the night we just went window shopping and walked home and it was a really beautiful night.  On Saturday I had to take the PSAT and after that is when the fun began.  We went to Subway for lunch and then spent most of the day at the National Zoo.  It was really cool because, well first it was free and there was also a lot of animals that were awake.  We took quite a few pictures this weekend one of my favorites was with the statue monkeys.  That night we went out for Tai food, which was really delicious.  We spent the rest of the night at Forever 21 where I bought a really cute top and my costume for Halloween.  I am going to be one of the Charlie’s Angels along with Amanda and our other close friend Meghan.  Today I went to a Baptist Church with 6 other pages.  They were extremely nice, the reverend even welcomed us during his sermon saying that we were pages from all over the country.  After the service they invited us to a banquet where we got a home cooked and free meal.  I spent the rest of the day at the dorm doing homework and then of course catching up on my email updates.  Sorry this is so long, I’ll do my best to send it weekly, things have been very busy and exciting lately!